Life is so short and we have no idea what tomorrow will bring. A wise decision is that we should all be prepared in one way or the other. And one should have proper planning when it is a matter of health. Having a health insurance is so important for many reasons. The person with a proper health insurance gets more medical care and is also costs less. Medicare Supplement Plans are different. It provides benefits that are not normally found in other plans. One of the major benefits is the reduction in Healthcare cost. Below is a brief description of the Plans and why one should get these plans.
How to Get Medicare Supplement Plans
- Firstly you need to have the original Medicare Plan A and B. One might say that they are enough but no, it doesn’t cover everything. These policies and provided by Private companies.
- It is not the same as Medicare insurance, It is a policy used to enhance the initial Medicare Plans.
- You can get it from any licensed insurance company in your state.
- You have to be above the age of 65.
What is the Supplement Plan?
As mentioned before it is not a whole new insurance. It is an enhancement of the original one. You can’t just get the Supplement plans alone. These plans are available in many states like New Jersey, Oregon and etc. The coverage level and premiums may vary from state to state but all the other benefits are pretty much the same. The main three things that they cover are
About The Different Medicare Supplement Plans
There are 10 Plans available. They are each labeled by a letter such as A, B, and etc. Each plan gives certain benefits. The letters are the same in all the states so, therefore, it won’t be any difficulty in choosing the plan across different states. The only difference is the Premium cost. There are some restrictions as well in states like Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. They have developed a policy that makes them mandatory to get certain plans like plan A in order to avail the other Supplement plans. You can find more details on each plan online.
Why You Should Get Medicare Supplement Plans
There are many reasons to get Medicare Supplements Plans.
- It covers the extra hospital expenses. Through copayment, it covers 50% of the doctor visit. One of the biggest benefits of these plans is the cost reduction. When a person becomes old, he becomes prone to many diseases. Doctor visits become more frequent. So this plans helps a lot in the reducing these expenses.
- Plan B covers 20% coinsurance. So you can get the medical equipment that you want at a lesser price. Medical equipment like a wheelchair and beds etc will be obtained at a lesser price due to these plans.
- And some of the plans also cover foreign medical care. So for some reason, if you fall sick on a foreign land you will get the benefits of Medigap and many of the foreign expenses will be reduced which are not normally covered by the regular Medicare insurance.